When he became president he outlined his energy agenda here: WHITE HOUSE - ENERGY And, it may be summarized as: "The President has taken unprecedented action to build the foundation for a clean energy economy, tackle the issues of climate change, and protect our environment." (ibid.)
In other words, President Obama's energy policy appears to be a subset, or after-thought, of his environmental agenda. He has made climate change a top priority, even though global warming ranked at the bottom of American concerns, and well below their concern about energy issues. (See HERE and HERE and HERE)
Furthermore, Dan Kish, Senior Vice-President of the Institute for Energy Research, has said: "This blatant playing-field-tipping strategy, where government picks winners and losers, permeates virtually all aspects of the Obama administration’s energy policy. We don’t have an energy problem....We have a government problem … a government that is deliberately, and by its own admission, striving to make energy much more expensive for American citizens and job-producing industries." (See HERE)
Since Obama has prioritized the environment above serious energy concerns, and has selectively interjected the government into the energy market in ways biased against tradition energy forms, it should come as no surprise that Leftist LUNCs have occurred--including:
[Update 8/30/15: Obama's Promises on the Environment and Energy, How The are Holding Up]
- Gas Prices -We were promised positive change, but were given the same O'l misery at the pump.
- Oil Dependency -Taking credit where discredit is due.
- Domestic Production of Oil -He really didn't build that, and even got in the way.
- Drilling -Oil and gas drilling is up, in spite of President Obama
- "Subsidizing Big Oil" -A word game that could cost hundreds of billions of dollars and loss of millions of jobs.
- Keystone Pipeline - Clear evidence that the President's "Green" agenda is getting inanely in the way of diminished energy costs, job creation, improved economy and national security.
- Fracking - Obama's fracking policies manage to disappoint all sides.
- Coal - Another example where Obama's "green" agenda is destined to ruin a viable energy source, wreck havoc on jobs and the economy, without producing any discernible impact on "climate change."
NEXT SUBJECT INDEX